In judging the audition for the main subject of Vocals, we are looking for talent, creativity, personality and educability. Possessing a vision (on who you are, where you want to go, how will you get there?) is highly valued as well. Furthermore, a good motivation for choosing this study programme will also be appreciated. For your audition you’ll have to prepare 3
songs; preferably three recent ones of your own, but if you choose to do one or more covers, make sure to make them your ‘own’! We’re not looking for copycats!
- Playing with your own band is preferred.
We will also check your vocal range for different sound colours and your harmony skills: are you able to harmonize a certain melody on the spot?
- Knowledge of basic music-theory and sight-reading
- Good musical ear
- Reasonable command of a harmonic instrument (piano/guitar)
- Good command of the Dutch language (only applies to Dutch-speaking students) and the English language
- Vision on music and your future within the field
- Being able to work at a basic level with a sequence programme, and owning a laptop with a DAW programme
- Good energy and charisma on the stage
- The result of the theory test will be taken into consideration in the judgement