During the audition for the main subject Creative producer, apart from talent, personality, and teachability, we’re looking for a student who can operate on her/his own and has endurance. Having a vision on who you are, where you want to go, how you will get there and a good motivation for choosing this study programme is something that’s taken into account.
A part of the audition consists of presenting three of your own productions, preferably recently produced & written ones. During your audition it’s very important to demonstrate your creativity. An hour before your exam you’ll be given a production assignment in the form of audio and midi files.
You’ll have an hour to mix given files and to add your own magic to it. You will present the result during your audition.
- Show at least a level of a graduate BM creative producer student
- Knowledge of music theory
- Good musical ear
- An open attitude towards all styles and currents in music and other art forms.
- Reasonable command of a harmonic instrument (piano/guitar)
- Good command of the Dutch language (only applies to Dutch speaking students & the English language
- A clear vision on music and your music within the field
- Being able to work at a semi-professional level with a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) of choice (Logic Pro, Protools, Ableton) and possessing a laptop