Tips music theory
Here you'll find tips that help you prepare the music-theoretical part of your audition.
- Click here to practice a listening/hearing test.
- Musical hearing is something you can train and develop, just like playing an instrument. Find a teacher who can give you lessons in at sight singing, reading rhythms, recognising chords etc. Make sure that your teacher is well acquainted with the admission requirements at Codarts.
- Work with your instrument/singing teacher at subjects related to music theory such as reading rhythms, reading and playing chord schemes, repeating melodies by ear, either singing, playing or writing down, playing a chordal accompaniment to a melody by ear.
- There are several books, websites and programs to help you train your music theory and your musical ear.
To mention a few:
- Virtual Music School – Fundamentals (DVD / website): www.virtualmusicschool.org/fundamentals-dvd.html