Admission requirements songwriting
During the audition for the main subject Songwriting , we look for talent, personality, individuality, and teachability. Having a vision on who you are, where you want to go, how you will get there and a good motivation for choosing this study programme is something that’s taken into account. A part of the audition consists of performing three of your own songs live, preferably recently written ones.
You can either do this solo or with a band. During your audition it’s very important to demonstrate your creativity so half an hour before your exam you’ll be given a songwriting assignment, which consists of a chord scheme and a lyrical subject.You’ll have 30 minutes to create a melody for a verse, pre-chorus and a chorus and to write a matching lyric and present it during your audition.
- Knowledge of music theory
- Good musical ear
- An open attitude towards all styles and currents in music and other art forms.
- Reasonable command of a harmonic instrument (piano/guitar)
- Good command of the Dutch language (only applies to Dutch speaking students & the English language
- A clear vision on music and your music within the field
- Being able to work at a basic level with a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) and possessing a laptop