Music recordings for online portfolio
One of the video’s you are uploading for your Online Portfolio has to be a video where you are singing live without amplification.
In judging the audition for the main subject of Vocals, we are looking for talent, creativity, personality and educability. Having a vision (on who you are, where you want to go and how will you get there) is highly valued as well. Furthermore, a good motivation for choosing this study programme will also be appreciated. For your audition you will have to prepare 3 songs; preferably three recent ones of your own, but if you choose to do one or more covers, make sure to make them your ‘own’. We’re not looking for copycats!
Playing with your own band is preferred.
We will also check your vocal range for different sound colours and your harmony skills: are you able to harmonize a certain melody on the spot?
- Knowledge of basic music-theory and sight-reading
- Good musical ear
- Reasonable command of a harmonic instrument (piano/guitar)
- Good command of the Dutch language (only applies to Dutch-speaking students) and the English language
- Vision on music and your future within the field
- Being able to work at a basic level with a sequence programme, and owning a laptop with a DAW programme
- Good energy and charisma on the stage
- The result of the theory test will be taken into consideration in the judgement