Admission requirements Music Theatre.
- You are required to sing four music theatre songs in at least two languages, including Dutch:
- 1 legit (light classical, for example classical aria, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, Elisabeth);
- 1 belt song (for example I dreamed a dream, Les Misérables, Why God Why, Miss Saigon);
- 1 vaudeville song;
- 1 up tempo or own choice/preference
- Please bring with you legible sheet music (an accompanist will be present)
- You must be able to recite a one-minute monologue from memory (a half page A4, in Dutch). Text monologue: Monoloog auditie.
- For the Dialoog audition you will have to study this:
- Shakespeare Auditie Part 1
- Shakespeare Auditie Part 2
- For the dance audition you must wear a suitable dance outfit
- adequate command of music notation, i.e. capable of reading/writing in G-clef
- be capable of identifying notated intervals; determine intervals according to a given tone
- knowledge of major and minor scales (tones and key signature)
- be able to recognize notated major, minor, diminished and augmented triads; also being able to construct these chords based on a given tone
Ear and rhythm training
- an applicant’s musicality will be assessed by
- identifying intervals (which interval is being played?)
- root identification (find the root to match the chord)
- which variation(s) are being played in a scale/chord?
- singing from sheet music a melody on a par with a folk tune/pop song
- being able to reproduce from sheet music a rhythm consisting of (dotted/tied) crochet and quaver notes