- Good technica! and musical skills on the instrument
- Coordination exercises, sight-reading exercises and a short snaredrums piece ofyour choice
- Son montuno, danzón, cha cha, songo, mozambique, 12/8
- Cáscara and fundamental bell rides combined with the drum kit
- Samba, partido alto, bossa nova, baiäo
- Change smoothly between some of the rhythms mentioned above
- lmprovisation in a medium tempo over a montuno
- lmprovisation, variations while playing samba
You have to show solid timing, groove and the ability to play 'in clave'. ldentify and feel the direction of the groove.
lf possible, you will play with your own band or use a backing track. Some of the genres/rhythms mentioned above have to be presented. You will have to prepare three ensemble pieces of which two will be chosen by the committee.