Wim got is diploma Teaching Musician in 1992 and Performing Musician in 1993. He works since 1993 with several artists, in the Netherlands and abroad, as pianist/composer/music arranger. Wim is also known als solo pianist in Tango, Latin, Jazz and Fusion. His style can be classified as a mixture of several world music genres, jazz, pop and classical.
Warman layed with the world famous tango group ‘Sexteto Canyengue’, founded by Leo Vervelde and Carel Kraayenhof (1995 to 1999). Since 2002 he played and plays on a lot of CD’s, under which several of himself.
Wim still does a lot of concerts en masterclasses in several countries, solo, but also for and with the Tango department.
– Montreal Jazz Festival main stage with Sexteto Canyengue (1996)
– Buenos Aires Tango festival with OTRA (2006)
– Concerts and jam sessions with amongst others: poet Simon Vinkenoog, bandoneonists Roberto Alvarez and Victor Hugo Villena, bass player Richard Bona and percussionist Martin Verdonk
– Several radio- and TV-performances under which recently Vrije Geluiden with the band TOCAR.
– Several CD-recordings
Why do you believe students should come to Codarts?
Diversity of genres. Codarts gives the student the chance to develop his/her own identity through combinations of different genres, starting from his/her own department/study.
What are you going to teach them?
Tango piano, transcription, improvisation (a la parrilla), history and ensemble in the Tango department but sometimes also other departments.
How are you going to teach them?
From a clear and efficient curriculum with a clear and inspiring lesson program.
- 1983 1st prize talenten show in Rotterdam
- several other prizes with several groups and solo
- 2007 1st prize talent website Mucaah (not active anymore)