Admission Music Therapy

Application for the Master Music Therapy and Master Dance Therapy for the academic year 2020-2021 is possible from October 2019 via Studielink.


The application procedure for professional arts education differs from the standard procedure in higher education. Before you can be admitted, you must first do an audition. At this audition it will be assessed whether you fulfil the entrance requirements as described on the academy pages. Each area of study has its own admissions procedure with accompanying selection criteria and additional requirements. The content of the auditions is correlated with the demands on the students made by the study programmes and the later occupational practice. The auditions are conducted by a panel composed of teachers.

Applications for the bachelor’s or master’s study at Codarts (music, dance and circus arts) should be made through Studielink.
Studielink is the online enrollment system of Dutch higher education. This way your application is automatically passed through to DUO.

Apply in Studielink

  1. Go to Studielink.
  2. When you log into Studielink for the first time, keep your diploma (if you have already obtained it) and list of grades close at hand. Take note: You can only request DigiD when you have a registered address (GBA) in the Netherlands. If you do not have a registered address in the Netherlands, you can and do not need to apply for DigiD.
  3. Place an enrollment request for the desired study programme (maximum 3). Your request for application for an audition will be sent to the Administrative Service Centre (ASC) of Codarts via Studielink.

For enquiries about the application for an audition, you can also contact the Administrative Service Centre (ASC):


After your audition you will receive a message from the department for which you auditioned, to say whether you have been admitted or not. If you have been given a place, you will receive a placement letter from ASC containing all the information you need for your definitive enrollment. You will also receive an email containing enrollment information.

If you have completed your bachelor degree you should pass on this information in Studielink through ‘Vooropleidingen’ (= preparatory courses). In some cases you will receive a message that the diploma cannot be verified. In this case send an authenticated copy of your diploma, plus an official translation if it is not a Dutch or English-language diploma, to ASC.