Video-auditie procedure (Engels)
De informatie op deze pagina is in het Engels, de voertaal van de bacheloropleiding Dans. De voorselectie van de audities vindt dit jaar online plaats, door middel van video. Lees er hier alles over.
VIDEO AUDITION PROCEDURE
Information regarding the online application and audition procedure
Live final selection auditions are still an option and selected candidates will be informed if those will take place. As alternative final selection will also take place by video. Please note: there is no guarantee that live auditions will continue due to the unpredictable global situation.
Deadline for submission of a video audition and registration at Studylink: 28 February 2021
Please note that only fully registered applicants, following the next steps, will be taken into consideration!
1. To apply for the audition: go to Studielink, register yourself for the audition and create an account. Studielink.nl.
- Here you can find step-by-step information on how to apply via Studielink.
2. After your Studylink registration you will receive an email with your login codes, as well as how to submit your video application.
- How to upload your audition video (explanation): click here
- How to upload your audition video (video instruction): click here
3. Create your video (content requirements)
- Here you can find information about the dance content and guidelines for the video: click here
Please start preparing and filming your video on time, so as soon as you receive your login codes you are ready to upload.
We fully understand that you may not be able to have access to the dance studio to make your video. Please do not worry, your video can be performed in any safe/comfortable environment available to you (in your home or outside, as long as it is possible for you to move)!
In the week of 22 March 2021 results of the pre-selection will be made known via email.
Selected candidates will be informed if final auditions will take place live or not. Consequently, candidates will be informed if additional video material needs to be sent for the final selection and eventual invitation for the live interview with the audition committee via Zoom.
The audition committee consists of the faculty and audition committee of the Codarts BA Dance programme. The committee will work with evaluation guidelines judging the dance technical and artistic aspects of your presentation.
The interview in the second round will focus on your communication skills, motivation and personality.
Final results will be announced by mid May 2021.
We are looking forward receiving your audition application!
If you have any questions, please send an email to email@example.com
Codarts only admits a limited number of students. Students that have passed the final selection are admissible. If after the selection process there are more suitable candidates than available places, the audition committee has to make a new definitive selection. Candidates who make it through this last selection can be placed and will receive an enrolment package. Other suitable candidates who cannot be (directly) admitted will be put on a waiting list. If candidates do not respond in time, Codarts reserves the right to offer the place to a student on the waiting list.
Health examination during the first training week of the school year 2021-2022
Candidates who are definitely placed in the program and received their enrolment package have to take part in the medical examination during the first training week of the school year 2020-2021. This consists of a general medical examination. The costs of medical examination are around € 185. The medical examinations will not influence the outcome of the candidates placement in the programme.
The audition committee, a panel of teachers and professionals from the field of dance, under the chairmanship of the head of the programme, judge the suitability of the candidates by the following criteria:
- Physical suitability
- Potential for development
- Exhibits feeling for coordination, musicality and the use of space
- Technical dance skills
- Exhibits intrinsic feeling for movement and expression in dance
- Creative originality and artistry
- Application of corrections
Admission is officially not related to age. Given the intensive physical training during the four-year programme we do advise the following:
- Boys – Age will be regarded in relation to their previous training, but 25 years old at the most.
- Girls – On September 1, 2021 girls are not older than: 20 years if you audition for the 1st year, 22 years if you audition for the 2nd year.
REQUIREMENTS FOR ENROLMENT*
These requirements only apply to candidates accepted to the Bachelor Dance study programme based on their audition.
- A diploma from your secondary (high) school (vwo, havo, mbo level 4) or a foreign diploma of equivalent level, regardless of subject range or profile, or of a higher level**;
- Admissibility judgement;
- Payment of the schools tuition fee for that year
- A valid residential address in the Netherlands before 1st October 2021 (registration with local municipality)
- Non European candidates must apply for a residence permit
- The required level of the English language for the bachelor’s programme is a minimum score of IELTS 5,5 or an equivalent TOEFL score
* Subject to changes in the law.
** Students without an upper Secondary Education diploma can only be admitted to Codarts after passing a general education test (AOB).