CONNECT! Codarts Research Festival
Codarts Research Festival, presents its second edition on 8 and 9 March 2017 at Codarts Rotterdam.
This years theme is Arts and Academia and will illuminate the Codarts research community, which encompasses Master and PhD students and the three professorships, and the recent connection with RASL (Rotterdam Arts & Science Lab). RASL is a collaboration between Codarts, the Erasmus University and the Willem de Kooning Academy. RASL reinforces the international artistic profile of Rotterdam within arts and sciences by elevating its artistic practices and enriching its artistic networks.
Keynote speeches by:
- Liesbet van Zoonen, dean of the Erasmus Graduate School of Social Sciences and Humanities
- Håkon Austbø, pianist and reflective musician
With artistic practice at its core, CONNECT! presents:
- Lecture-recitals by Codarts master students (and student competition)
- Discussion panels
- A student competition
- and a surprising fringe program
CONNECT! is an inspiring platform to stimulate your creativity, develop ideas, brainstorm and join artistic and academic forces. Come and CONNECT!
In its research agenda, Codarts aims to leave room for different types of research, which is conducted by the Codarts professors and the members of their research group and by PhD candidates. In the Bachelor and Master students are taught research skills and execute individual research projects.
The goal of research at Codarts is to advance knowledge on the three programme lines that constitute the Codarts Research profile:
- Excellence and Wellbeing | Research about the physical, social, and emotive factors that support artists in improving their performance.
- Performance Practice | Research on the education and professional practice of performers.
- Innovation in Education | Research on how digital learning resources can improve the arts education.
During the festival a visiting external expert panel will also be present to evaluate and validate Codarts’ research policy.